- A bloody nose: If you are experiencing a bloody nose open a bottle of vinegar and inhale deeply through your nose. Keep doing so and the bleeding should stop within a short time. Vinegar burns the blood vessels cauterizing them closed.
- For a bleeding wound: Apply a little sugar and let it melt over the wound. This will stop the blood from continuing to flow.
- If you suspect a blood clot: You can take the herb Dong Quai to help break up the clot but do try and seek out medical attention as soon as possible as blood clots can be incredibly dangerous depending on location.
- Ice: Reducing the temperature drastically slows bleeding as well as helps prevent future inflammation and bruising at the site of injury.
- Small wounds: Cayenne pepper sprinkled into the wound will help to stop the bleeding as well black pepper.
- Splinters: To remove small splinters from the skin easily, wet a bar of soap and rub the sharp end of a sewing needle in it, so that the needle has a liberal coating of soap. Then rub the soapy needle in the opposite direction of the splinter. As soon as the splinter has some soap in it, squeeze it, and it should come right out. This method is painless and is good for use on children. For removing splinters of glass from the skin pour some hydrogen peroxide on the skin. The splinter will bubble itself out after a few minutes. Do not squeeze as more tissue damage may occur.
- Burns: The best thing for a burn is to apply cool water liberally. Do ensure that the water is not too hot or too cold. Blisters will be formed, but that is a part of the natural healing process. If you want to avoid blisters you could try one of these home remedies. Cut a tomato into wedges and rub one slice on the burn. The acid from the tomato takes the pain away and the burn will not blister. You can also use cold water and vinegar compresses until the pain goes away and then apply potato slices on the area.
Eat a balanced diet
You should consume a balanced diet and avoid too much fatty foods that will make you look plumpy because you will look shorter. It is also important for you to make sure that your diet consists of lean protein like fish, soy, white poultry meat, etc., in order to enhance muscle growth and virile bones. You also need enough zinc from foods like pumpkin, oysters, peanuts, just to mention a few. Vitamin D also promotes bone and muscle growth, and you can get this from milk and cereals.
Get enough sleep every night
Your body grows when you sleep, hence, it is important to sleep very well at night. If you are a teenager or younger than 20, you should get between 9 and 11 hours of sleep every night. Getting good, sound sleep will boost the production of human growth hormone (HGH) which is naturally produced through the pituitary gland, particularly when you are deeply asleep.
Regular exercising can assist you to grow taller during your teen years and in puberty. You should get a workout for at least 30 minutes everyday and you can join a gym in order to get access to exercising as well as muscle-building machines. You can also become a member of a sports team and take advantage of the competitiveness to exercise. If you can’t get yourself to do all these, you can walk around and you will be amazed at how easy it is for you to exercise. Walk to school, grocery, library, etc. and before you realize it, you are already working out.
There are all kinds of essential oils that you may choose to use for therapy when you are dealing with cellulite. It helps to know the benefits of every so as to make sure that you do settle for the one that is most appropriate for you. Cupping therapy is evolving and anyone who seeks to change the fate of their body by getting rid of cellulite may think about giving it a try. The essential oils for cellulite are:
- Grapefruit oil. Grapes have for a long time been closely associated with good diet and this is for very good reasons. The grapes are able to take away all sorts of toxins from the human body and this includes all those synthetic drugs that you may have taken. For people on a prescription, it is important to seek the advice of a doctor before you choose to use the fruit as part of a regimen. Grapefruit oil offers an amazing method of fighting cellulite. You can choose some specific areas and they make sure you massage the location after you dilute with some vegetable oil.
- Tangerine oil. Another great oil to use with the cellulite suction cup is tangerine oil. This oil aids in digestion and it greatly improves the circulation of blood which actually helps toxin removal. The aroma also boosts one’s spirits and you find that you can relax better. This makes a great choice when you want to do the cupping therapy.
- Cypress oil. When a topical application is done, the circulation is increased. This really helps to make the cellulite work even better since its main aim is to improve circulation in the affected areas. Fluid retention is highly discouraged when this oil is used. This in turn aids in the removal of toxins from the body. Blue cypress is actually anti-inflammatory and it aids the ion flow of blood. Use some vegetable oil to dilute the cypress oil before application. Cypress also helps when you are dealing with varicose veins.
- Juniper oil. In history, juniper oil was used as a diuretic and it still is. This is the oil that greatly supports the function of the kidneys. It is able to purify and then assist the natural methods of the detoxification of the body. It also stimulates the digestive system and it is an antiseptic.
For this reason, synthetic antioxidants, such as butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT), were extensively used to delay, retard, or prevent the lipid oxidation by scavenging chain-carrying peroxyl radicals or suppressing the formation of free radicals. However, because of the concern over the safety of these synthetic compounds, extensive work is being carried out to find novel and naturally occurring compounds to delay the oxidative degradation of lipids, improve quality, and maintain the nutritional value of foods. Thus, natural antioxidants have greater application potential in the meat industry because of the consumers’ acceptability over the synthetic antioxidants. However, the application of plant extracts, herbs, spices, and essential oils with antioxidant effects is still distant for the major reasons of limited data about their effects in different meat products.
The meat industry is demanding antioxidants from natural sources to replace synthetic antioxidants because of the negative health consequences or beliefs regarding some synthetic antioxidants. Fruits, vegetables, by-products, and other plant materials provide good alternatives. Some of these antioxidants, apart from oxidation inhibition, may also affect other quality attributes positively or negatively, and ultimately affect consumer acceptability of the product. It has been shown that treatment with some natural sources can cause changes in the color of meat or meat products. Spices have shown to affect the flavor profile of treated meat and poultry products. Depending on the product, these flavors may be viewed as negatively or as positively by sensory panels. Some ingredients negatively affect the technological properties of meat and meat products, such as texture and emulsion properties. The safe edible use of these natural sources also depends on their health-related issues because some of these may also contain anti-nutritional or even toxicological factors. Thus, while establishing a new source of natural antioxidant for use in the meat and meat product at small, medium, or commercial level, following should be considered:
- The in vitro antioxidant activity should be based on various different analytical techniques. The activity should also be confirmed in targeted products during various processing conditions; thus, the effects of cooking, pressure, product ingredients, and so on, on antioxidant potential should be confirmed.
- The active ingredients/molecules of crude, concentrated or/and raw material should also be identified, and efficient conditions for extraction/separation of that particular molecule possessing potent antioxidant activity should be studied.
- Apart from oxidation inhibition, other product attributes should also be considered. Thus, the overall cumulative effect of identified antioxidants should be evaluated in different products before reaching to a conclusion. For example, if one source is a very potent antioxidant, it can also affect the color and sensory properties negatively and lower the acceptability of the final product; then a proper conclusion should be drawn to establish these negative implications. Some natural antioxidants are also sensitive to light, temperature, and pH which results in reduction of antioxidant potential. Thus, future studies should also be directed towards exploring the storage and processing environment effects on the antioxidative potential of natural antioxidants.
- Economics is the other main factor on which sustainability of any industry depends. Thus, economical extraction conditions should be well addressed relative to yield, time, infrastructure requirements, treatment materials, as well as the availability of natural sources. The correlation between economics of antioxidant use and economics of oxidation spoilage should also be considered before making any conclusion for the meat industry.
Even though a lot of online companies and official companies of various health organizations offer an online alternative for an assessment wherein anyone can conduct the test on his own, it is still a lot better to seek professional help. Administrators of local public schools are equipped with tests that aid in determining if a person is dyslexic or not. These persons are also well trained to handle this kind of tests appropriately. Looking deeper into the family history of the person involved is also an effective way of diagnosing dyslexia. The said learning disability can be inherited from the parents but it doesn’t necessarily mean that the child will most likely acquire the same type or sort of dyslexia and its severity.
Since dyslexia has a long line of signs and symptoms, it would be a better idea to familiarize yourself with these signs. By doing so, you can easily distinguish the person if he really has dyslexia or just a simple learning disorder. Dyslexia by the way is a specific type of learning impairment but when a person is diagnosed with learning impairment, it doesn’t necessarily mean that he has dyslexia. Common symptoms that you may find useful in diagnosing dyslexia include the person’s difficulty in learning the concepts of multiplication and simple alphabets and a sentence made up of words without a single capitalization and punctuation marks.
If a certain person and even yourself come out to be positive from diagnosing dyslexia, professional help should be acquired. These professionals can either be a psychologist, psychiatrist or an education counselor who are well trained in administering a special type of learning meant for dyslexic individuals. Through the help of these people, a lot of people with dyslexia are now able to cope with the fast developing world.
Student Needs: We are a group of students with disabilities and special needs that have created a website and a project to help other students with disabilities and special needs. You can help us and visit us at [http://www.studentneeds.info] and inform yourself about students with learning disabilities in college and other problems that face students needs in college and university.
Your doctor will run several tests to find out whether you do have asthma. He will likely ask you if any of your family members have ever been diagnosed with Asthma. Some people think it is hereditary in most people. Have you ever been tested to see if you have Asthma? Your doctor may decide to test you with what is called a peak flow meter. It is an easy to use devise that can tell how well your lungs pull air in and out. Your peak flow meter can also be an early warning device to warn you of an oncoming attack. This will give you the time to make the preparations and give your body a fighting chance.
Causes for Asthma will still vary from person to person. Maybe it comes from what is in our food, maybe it comes from what is in our water. Let’s think about what is in the air we breathe. Because the pollution will continue to become worse and worse, the cases of Asthma are going up. Years ago before our earth was polluted, there were much fewer cases of asthma and other diseases. As we have damaged our earth over the years, our health is slowly deteriorating to the point to where our bodies are having trouble fighting back. The toxins are over whelming for our bodies. Our bodies have the ability to get these toxic problems out. The problem is, it is being overrun with them now. What your body cannot get rid of on its own, it absorbs and that is a pretty scary thought.
Something you can do in your own home to prevent Asthma attacks after you have been diagnosed with it, is making sure your house is Dust mite free. Make your home smoke free. Second hand smoke is one of the leading causes of attacks for people with Asthma. Pets also play a role. If you notice you or someone in your family that has been diagnosed with Asthma starts to have more attacks around pets. You may need to have that pet become an outdoor pet or live in only one part of the house. Mold is also a big trigger for someone with Asthma. They can grow in so many places, some beyond the sight of most people. Mold can grow in walls and in attics. If you suspect that mold may be in your house, have an inspector come to check and see if you do in fact have a mold issues.
Be aware of your environment. The news will often warn people of outdoor pollution, whether you can burn fires. You can then decide whether or not you even want to step outside and take a breath. Be aware of what foods you take into your body and make sure that all fruits and vegetables are washed thoroughly. Much of what we take into our bodies can have an adverse affect on our immune system. It can mean the difference between having an asthma attack, or avoiding an asthma attack all together. Together we can change this world, but unfortunately, what we have done already will have consequences for many years to come.
Other not so obvious anxiety symptoms include, sharp chest pains and difficulty swallowing like the throat is swollen. Many people don’t seek help or treatment for these problems. This might be because the symptom seems insignificant especially if they are intermittent and common such as headaches and muscle tension.
Usually when we have a stomach ache or a headache we simply go down to the store and by some over the counter medication. Some people perhaps realize that they have a problem but are too afraid or embarrassed to seek help. For people with agoraphobia and social anxiety this might be especially difficult.
Others ignore their anxiety symptoms until it becomes a really big problem. Because anxiety disorders are so prevalent most people don’t take notice. Most of us see stress as part of life even though it is one of the biggest causes of health problems. Excessive anxiety and stress can lead to depressive, anxiety and sleep disorders.
Identifying anxiety symptoms is the first stage in recovery. Seek a specialist or qualified doctor who will be able to diagnose and treat you. It’s important to tell them all of your symptoms so that they can make an accurate diagnosis. Your doctor should be asking various questions to pin down whether you have an anxiety disorder and what kind of disorder it is.
There are actually many different types of anxiety disorders, each with varying symptoms and methods of treatment. Common anxiety disorders such as social anxiety and Generalized Anxiety Disorder affect millions of people world wide. What’s more they can look quite different from sufferer to sufferer.
Physical health conditions can exacerbate anxiety symptoms and be the trigger of anxiety disorders. They can also run in families so your doctor should ask about your family’s history of health problems. Traumatic and emotional events are also potential triggers for anxiety disorders such as PTSD. Your doctor might also ask about lifestyle habits such as diet and exercise habits.
Stimulants such as cigarettes and alcohol are also likely to play a role in increasing anxiety symptoms. Your physical examination should be followed by a psychiatric evaluation to help determine your condition. If you think that you have a problem it’s important to seek help. Treatment is the best way to overcome anxiety symptoms.
A cardiologist is able to handle different conditions and they include hypertension, coronary heart disease, heart murmurs and even heart attacks. The cardiologist needs to practice preventive medicine, treat heart diseases and also give a diagnosis of the same when there is a need to. The cardiologist may also be required to perform surgical procedures, even though they are limited to the minor ones.
Heart problems are usually chronic and they may be around for a very long time. This is why the cardiologist works so hard at the preventive medicine so as to neutralize and eventually reverse progression of disease. The cardiologist has to conduct a physical examination as well as an interview of the patient so as to establish their condition and also predict if there may be issues with the heart. There is also a need to prescribe some form of medication for patients and also give advice on lifestyle so as to ensure the heart health of the patient is sustained and improved.
The main tool that a cardiologist uses is the echocardiogram abbreviated as ECG. This allows the cardiologist to know whether the heart health of the patient is fine or not. It is the role of the cardiologist to interpret the results as seen. He should also interpret other results conducted on the urine and blood of the patient. The stress test is also conducted and then reviewed. Cardiac catheterization tests are also conducted to establish how the heart is functioning.
This is a cardiology specialty and it focuses mainly on treating any disorders related to the rhythm of your heart. The cardiologists implant a pacemaker into a patient by doing a surgical procedure that is quite brief. Electrophysiology includes electronic defibrillation, which essentially gives a shock to the heart so as to help it restart it to have a regular heart rhythm.
It’s important to note that Aflatoxin is a mold-like compound that is emitted by organisms that live on different crops. The problem is that these toxins are detectable in cooking oils and peanut butter. According to research, these substances can have a negative impact on the immune system. Aside from this, Aflatoxins can also lead to liver damage. Based on animal models, it has become evident that bentonite clay can help with the prevention of health damage caused by the ingestion of aflatoxin.
VOCs, which is short for volatile organic compounds is a term that refers to different chemicals that come out of cleaning supplies, office equipment, paint, pesticides, permanent markers, and building materials, just to name a few. Most people breathe in these places. According to experts, bentonite clay absorbs VOCs and reduces your exposure to the dangerous substances. Research is still on to find out the proper use of bentonite for fighting VOCs.
Typically, bentonite clay is used to clean your system of toxic compounds, especially toxic metals that degrade your health with the passage of time. As a matter of fact, metals that cause the most damage include benzene, lead, cadmium, and mercury, just to name a few. Aside from this, the metals are also found in building materials, drinking water and the environment. According to a study, bentonite clay reduces the effects of the harmful metals.
Land near roads or highways is also contaminated with different metals, toxic chemicals, and pollutants, just to name a few. Most of the soil contamination is the result of decades of accumulation. Many of the chemicals interfere with the soil quality and the production of crop. Moreover, organic chemical compounds, such as xylene, toluene, and benzene are found in this type of contaminated soil. Aside from this, the exposure to these chemicals may result in severe health effects. Also, bentonite clay can reduce soil contaminates.
There are plenty of situations when you should see the doctor. Some of these situations include:
Difficulty performing everyday tasks: It’s common to have joint and bone discomfort especially if you are old; however, if you have been having the discomfort for a long time to the extent that you are unable to execute your daily activities, it’s time to visit the doctor. Some of the tasks that you might be unable to perform include: cleaning the utensils, climbing the stairs, or even sitting.
Chronic pain: You are said to be suffering from chronic pain if have been having the pain for the last 12 weeks. When you have an injury it’s common to have the pain for sometimes, but it shouldn’t last for several weeks. Sometimes the injury might have caused a complication that you should address before it gets worse.
Soft tissue injury that hasn’t improved for two days: If you have fallen or slipped you might have a soft tissue injury. In most cases, soft tissue injuries heal within a matter of hours. If you have an injury and it’s now days and you are still feeling some pain, it’s time to contact a professional who will help you in getting over it.
Instability when walking or standing: A telltale sign that there is something wrong with your joints is feeling shaky or wobbly when performing basic tasks such as walking, sitting, or standing. You should consult a professional who will diagnose the condition and determine the source of the instability.
Reduced range of motion: A reduced range of the movement is a sign of tightening of the joints. It’s also common to have a compromised range of motion when you have arthritis. When the condition has reached a level where the motion is compromised, it’s a high time that you visit a specialist who will diagnose the condition and give you the necessary medications. In some cases, the professional might require you to undertake surgery especially if the situation has brought about a number of complications.
You just had an injury as an athlete: Athletes are known for their high-intensity workouts. If you are a footballer or any other professional and you just had an injury on the field, you shouldn’t ignore it-visit a professional as soon as possible. While the injury might seem simple on the surface, it might have resulted in a number of complications that might put your life in danger.
When you visit the orthopedic physician, there are many things you should expect from him/her. Some of the things include your history. The expert will like to know how you got the injury and how long you have been having the condition. To make the work easy for the doctor, answer the questions as honestly as you can.
The doctor might also want to undertake a number of tests to confirm the extent of the damage. Again you should comply to make the process a success.